Need a quick and easy patriotic party favor for your barbecue today? These firecracker party favors are easy to make and only require supplies that you most likely have on hand.
Here’s what you need to make these favors:
Here’s how to make them:
1. Place an empty toilet paper roll onto a scrap piece of cardstock or thin cardboard (think cereal box). Trace around the circumference and then cut it out. Set this piece aside–it will cover one end of the tube later.
2. Cut straight down the length of the toilet paper roll and open it up. Hot glue a 5 1/4 x 4 1/2 inch piece of white tissue paper to the inside of one end of the tube.
3. Tape the roll shut, and then tape the round cardstock cover onto one end of the tube to close it.
4. Trim one of the 6×6 papers to 4 1/2 x 6 inches, and hot glue it around the tube to cover it. To create the cone for the top, cut a 5 1/2 inch circle from a coordinating piece of 6×6 inch paper. Cut the circle in half, and then trim back the radius of the semicircle so that the angle is just less than 180 degrees. (See photo below.) Roll that into a cone shape and hot glue to secure. Hot glue the cone onto the covered end of the tube.
5. Fill the tube with candy and tie the tissue paper with several long strands of baker’s twine in square knots.
You could also fill these with small firecrackers, snaps, cherry bombs, or snakes. Your guests will love them! Happy Independence Day!
We R Memory Keepers supplies used:
Red, White, and Blue 6×6 Paper Pad
Red and Blue Baker’s Twine