Hi there friends! It’s Aly here sharing some exciting news and a fun project! Next week on the 24 hour crafting day on HSN (Jan 8, 2019) our Mini Evolution is making its US debut along with some really awesome accessories and storage. I’m sharing some of the amazing bundles that will be available along with a cute project I made.
Here’s a video tour of all the goodies available:
I used the “Love Grows Here’ Die/Emboss set with the coordinating layered stamps to create a DIY embellishment for this easy cake topper.
Here’s how I made the cake topper:
1. Ink one side of the first stamp layer with the lightest color ink and stamp on the precut 3×5 inch white paper using the Mini Precision Press Advanced that comes with the Mini Evolution Kit.
2. Ink the other side of the first stamp layer with another light or medium color ink (I used lime green) and stamp. Then ink the leaf side of the second stamp layer with the green ink and stamp.
3. Select a sentiment stamp to insert into the second stamp layer. Use the darkest color ink on the second half of the second stamp layer, and stamp with the Mini Precision Press.
4. Place the stamped paper into the die/emboss folder, matching up the image to the dies, place the folder between the Emboss Plate and the Base Plate and run through the Mini Evolution Advanced.
5. Fold the two smaller flowers to add dimension to your DIY embellishment.
6. Using the Square Punch Board, punch a 3×4 inch rectangle from dark blue cardstock and a 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 inch rectangle from medium blue paper. Adhere them together.
7. Adhere the DIY embellishment to the blue background using foam squares for the smaller flowers. Add blue flower eyelets for hanging to the top two corners using the Crop-A-Dile.
8. Thread some Stitch Happy thread through the eyelets and tie the ends to two paper straws. Insert the straws into the top of your cake and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to tune into HSN on Tuesday, Jan 8 2019 for some great deals on the Mini Evolution Advanced and Accessories!