Hello We R Fans! As the days turn colder, we are starting to have more time to devote to being crafty. Seems like a great time to add some new tools to your collection and to learn a new technique with a trusty We R Memory Keepers tool already in your stash.
To create this card, I started by inking a panel of card stock with the new Impressions Dauber set. This set of inking tools is fantastic! Each of the daubers has foam on the end, either in a circle or triangle shape, that is meant for inking. The daubers fit easily on your fingertip, or can be gripped.
Start by swirling your dauber into the ink color of your choosing. When you put your ink-loaded dauber down on paper, it will be very dark and intense. To help keep your ink more even on the paper, start by moving your dauber in a circular motion on a craft mat before applying it to the paper. I am using the American Crafts craft mat here. Continue to add ink and slowly build up your layers of color. Set the background aside to dry as it will need to be dry for the next steps.
The We R Memory Keepers Precision Press is perfect for lining up stamps to create a shadow effect. On this card, I will create the shadow effect with a gold heat embossed image and a plain inked image.
- Place your card stock in the Precision Press, securing it into a corner with the magnets
- Set the stamp (uninked) down on your card stock where you want the sentiment to appear.
- Place the lid of the Precision Press over the top and then press down to pick up the stamp. This will ensure the stamp will be in the exact location after you apply ink to the image.
- Ink the image.
- Return the lid and stamp down. Push to get even pressure along the image.
- Heat set the image.
- Clean and remove the stamp from the lid of the Precision Press.
- Return the stamp to the card stock, but instead of lining it up perfectly over the image, set it slightly below and to the right.
- Put the lid on again and pick up the stamp.
- Ink the image. Replace the lid. Push down.
- When you remove the image because of the surface of the heat embossing, you will need to remove the ink from the surface. I used a cotton swab for a more precise removal.
Finish the card base off with floral images stamped in watermark ink. The Mini Precision Press, lid-only, is perfect for stamping images all over. Apply gold dust to the wet ink. Adhere the card stock to a card base.
I am fairly certain that I will be adding a shadow stamp to all my sentiments now! Will you give this a try?
We R Memory Keepers:
- Impressions Dauber Set
- Precision Press
- Mini Precision Press
- Trim & Score Board